WHO WE ARE
Global Scholars is called to equip missional Christian academics to have a redemptive influence among their students, colleagues, universities, and academic disciplines.
Our vision is that one day every student, colleague, university, and discipline will have Christian professors who communicate the truth, goodness, and beauty of Christ in the power of the Spirit for the flourishing (shalom) of society as they serve Christ in global higher education.
- To change a nation, teach its leaders.
- To teach its leaders, influence its universities.
Bringing all life and thought under the Lordship of Christ, exhibiting and growing in faith, sacrifice, servanthood, humility, being prayer centered, and honoring the Sabbath.
Being biblically rooted and theologically formed, uniting all thought under the Lordship of Christ, valuing the life of the mind, rigorous thought and the role of the university to promote truth, beauty and goodness in culture.
Transformation through Christ
Seeking transformation personally, among students and colleagues, as well as throughout one’s university, society and culture, in the context of the community of faith.
Creating space to allow each person to fulfill his or her calling with excellence, doing work as unto the Lord. Providing context for administrative staff to flourish. Empowering academic staff to be effective in academic call and ministry. Ensuring all staff understand how their roles contribute to the overall Mission of Global Scholars.
Fostering a unified, integrated, trustworthy organization in all ways so as to be good stewards of God’s resources. Seen in fiscal responsibility, administrative work, academic service open, honest and trusting organizational culture, and in our relationships with donors and other partners.
Empowering all to be creative, finding new and better ways to fulfill our Mission.
Statement of Faith
- …in the Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy; and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- …in one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- …in our Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work, and His Personal return in power and glory.
- …in the Salvation of lost and sinful persons through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ by faith apart from works, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- …in the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- …in the Unity of the Spirit of all true believers, the Church, the Body of Christ.
- …in the Resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
Learn More About our History and Leadership